Values & Vision
OUR CORE VALUES
Calling - We believe every individual is uniquely created and called to a compelling purpose! We are committed to help students discover, develop and deploy their divine calling.
Heart - We are a “heart first” organization! Students and staff are selected and affirmed first and foremost by the quality and disposition of their heart.
Achievement - We believe everyone can achieve! We are committed to helping students excel in every area of pursuit, especially in their area of unique gifting.
Relationships – We purpose to be a family and desire authentic relationships at all levels. We will purposely connect students with each other, with a church home, their family at home and, most importantly, with Jesus.
Serving - We believe that Jesus has called some to lead and all to serve. We will seek opportunities to serve and transform our community and the world.
Enriched Personnel (Personal and professional development)
- Enhanced Programming (Academics, Athletics, Arts, Spiritual Formation, Service)
- Empowered Process (Administrative and support systems)
- Effective Partnerships (With area schools, churches and businesses)
- Expanded Facilities (Continued build out of both Tualatin campuses)
- Established Foundation (Sustainable funding bridging the gap from dreams to reality)
IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS HORIZON WILL…
- Have a rigorous academic program that will consistently lead to student achievement as evidenced in scholarship and post high school plans.
- Have an innovative and transformative Spiritual Formation platform district wide
- Offer expanded need-based Tuition Assistance and merit-based Scholarships
- Have current and effective technologies operating in every Horizon classroom
- Provide resources for students who struggle academically or have learning differences
- Have expanded facilities that will include a new gym/performing arts complex at Boones Ferry and a laboratory/multi-purpose complex at Sagert
- An elementary/middle school of 400 students, a high school of 200 students and a pre-school/daycare of 100 students.
- Additional district and state championships in athletics
- A “school” of business and technology at the high school partnering with local business and universities
- Offer dual credit courses at the high school in every core subject